About Jamie R. Fisher
Jamie Fisher concentrates her practice in the area of civil appellate litigation. She has successfully represented her clients in all aspects of the domestic relations practice including the prosecution and defense of appeals. Ms. Fisher approaches each case with compassion and fervor. She recognizes the legal process can be foreign to clients and will leave a significant, long-lasting impact on their lives.
Ms. Fisher empowers clients with an understanding of the law so they can together devise a strategy prioritizing what is most important. With extensive litigation experience and an intimate understanding of the inner workings of the appellate process, Ms. Fisher is able to provide clients an impactful voice at all stages of the legal process and strong advocacy tailored to achieve a positive outcome.
Ms. Fisher joined Beermann, LLP in 2021, after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Nathaniel R. Howse, Jr. During her tenure at the Illinois Appellate Court, she worked on numerous civil and criminal judicial decisions including complex matrimonial law and parentage cases.
With the exception of Ms. Fisher’s time at the appellate court, her practice has been focused exclusively in the area of domestic relations. She enjoys substantial experience having represented clients in all aspects of the domestic relations practice. Ms. Fisher has successfully litigated and appealed cases involving complex financial asset valuation and division; support; allocation of parenting responsibilities; injunctions; orders of protection; international jurisdictional disputes; prenuptial agreements as well as enforcement and modification issues.
Ms. Fisher’s zealous advocacy and straightforward approach to resolving cases have merited distinction within the legal profession. She was recognized by Leading Lawyers in 2015 and 2016 as an Emerging Lawyer, an accolade given to fewer than 2% of attorneys under age 40 practicing less than 10 years in the area of domestic relations. From 2017-2018, that same publication named Ms. Fisher a Leading Lawyer, a distinction earned by less 5% of lawyers practicing in Illinois. In 2017, she was recognized as one of the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch having been nominated by her peers for this notable designation.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Colorado-Boulder, 2002
- Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2006
- Florida, 2007
- Volunteer Chicago-Kent College of Law, Women in Law Mentor Program
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2014-2019; 2021-Present
- Illinois Chapter Treasurer, 2016-2018
- Illinois Chapter Amicus Committee, 2014-2018
- Illinois Chapter Legislative Committee, 2014-2018
- National Amicus Committee, 2014-2016
- Co-Chair and YearUp Chicago Leadership Council, 2015-2018
- YearUp Chicago Mentor for Classes 10 and 13
- Volunteer Tutor at Metro Achievement Center for Girls, 2013-2018
- Law Bulletin Media, 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2017
- Leading Lawyer, 2017-2018
- Emerging Lawyer, 2015-2016