About Shana L. Vitek
Shana L. Vitek has exclusively practiced family law since 2003. She has extensive experience both settling and litigating high profile and high-net worth cases, as well as complex child-related matters, with excellent results.
She believes that it is critical to select the right process for each case at the start, as every client, family and situation is different and requires a unique strategy. While some cases necessitate litigation, many can be settled outside of court.
Ms. Vitek’s approach emphasizes open communication, listening to the client first, and then working together to identify their goals and prepare a specific plan to achieve those goals in the most efficient manner possible under the circumstances. No matter how amicable, divorce is one of the most emotionally devastating events a person can experience. Shana takes seriously her role to be there for her clients every step of the way as they move forward in this process toward a new beginning and the next phase of their life.
Ms. Vitek has repeatedly been selected as a Leading Lawyer in Family Law, and in 2013 was named one of the “Top 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch” by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. Ms. Vitek is also a Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, which encourages parties to take control of the divorce process and make decisions that are in the best interest of the family as opposed to spending substantial time, money and experiencing the significant stress of court. Ms. Vitek has also received a Certificate of Professional Achievement in Family and Divorce Mediation Training from DePaul University.
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2003
- DePaul University School of Law, Family and Divorce Mediation Certificate, 2010
- B.S., Western Illinois University, 2000
- Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Lake County Bar Association
- Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Buffalo Grove Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce
- Top 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40, 2013
- Leading Lawyer 2014, 2015, 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009-2019
- “The Ethics of Representing Athletes in Family Law Matters,” SRR Journal, 2011
- “Sporting Judgment,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2011