About Shana L. Vitek
Shana L. Vitek has practiced divorce and family law exclusively since 2003. She has extensive experience litigating high profile and high net worth cases, as well as complex child-related matters, with excellent results in Cook, Lake, DuPage, and McHenry Counties.
Shana believes that it is critical to select the right divorce process for each client at the start. Every individual, family, and circumstances are different, and each case requires a unique strategy. While some cases necessitate an aggressive approach and litigation, many can also be settled outside of court. Shana will always seek the most amicable and efficient path to resolution but will not hesitate to passionately advocate for her clients in Court whenever that is in their best interest.
Divorce is one of the most emotional and stressful events a person can experience in their lifetime. Ms. Vitek’s approach to representing clients in divorce emphasizes open communication, a focus on the client’s goals, and honest, straightforward advice. Shana takes seriously her role to be there for her clients every step of the way as they move forward in this process toward a new beginning and the next phase of their life.
Ms. Vitek has repeatedly been selected as a Leading Lawyer in Family Law, and in 2013 was named one of the “Top 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch” by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. Ms. Vitek is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Fellows are known for their professionalism, competence, and integrity, and are recognized by judges, other attorneys, and clients as the gold standard for family law. To become a Fellow, attorneys must demonstrate years of dedication to the practice of family law and pass a rigorous review process. Shana is also a Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and has received a Certificate of Professional Achievement in Family and Divorce Mediation Training from DePaul University. Shana lives in the Chicago area with her husband, two children and three dogs.
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2003
- DePaul University School of Law, Family and Divorce Mediation Certificate, 2010
- B.S., Western Illinois University, 2000
- Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2020
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Lake County Bar Association
- Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Buffalo Grove Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce
- Top 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40, 2013
- Leading Lawyer 2014, 2015, 2016, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009-2019
- “The Ethics of Representing Athletes in Family Law Matters,” SRR Journal, 2011
- “Sporting Judgment,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2011